Topic: Iran's nuclear program
MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti)
- Israel Has Right to Act Independently Regarding Iran - PM
- Saudi Arabia 'to Shoot Down' Iran-Bound Israeli Planes
- Iran to Make own WMD if Israel Delivers Airstrike - expert
- Iran Rejects Israeli Accusations over Bus Blast Links
- Israel Warns 'Iran Six' Against Concessions to Tehran
Iran will be capable to create nuclear weapons in six to seven months, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in an interview with the NBC channel on Sunday.
"They're in the last 20 yards. And you can't let them cross that goal line," Netanyahu said. "Because that would have unbelievable consequences."
“Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism, "It's the same fanaticism that you see storming your embassies today,” Netanyahu said referring to a string of riots across the globe sparked by the U.S.-made short film titled "Innocence of Muslims."
The Israeli prime minister also said he disagrees with the statements that Iran’s nuclear weapons would stabilize the situation in the Middle East calling this approach “a new standard for human stupidity.”
Israel, the United States and a number of Western European countries suspect that Iran is running a nuclear weapons program under the guise of a civil nuclear project. Iran denies these allegations and maintains that its nuclear ambitions are peaceful.
Tehran is currently under several packages of Western-backed sanctions, including EU-brokered oil embargo that came into effect on July 1.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- bielecAnd how about Israel?23:48, 16/09/2012How about Israeli nukes developed outside of any international supervision, agreements or treaties?
How about the Dimona nuclear facility and the Negev Nuclear Research Centre?
Netanyahu has no right to talk about Iranian nuclear research.
- jg"How about Israeli nukes...."22:58, 17/09/2012Israel is not and has never been a signatory to the NPT. The same applies to India and Pakistan. That is why none of these are allowed to procure nuclear or dual-use technologies from NPT members.
Iran is an NPT signatory, which has allowed them to procure nuclear technology from Russia - but their failure to comply with the NPT has resulted in the UN sanctions.
- acas7i11oCowards07:11, 17/09/2012If he's worried that much why doesn't he attack Iran? Bunch of cowards it's what they are, begging the US to do their fights for them.
- jg(no title)23:09, 17/09/2012Actually, several western governments (including the USA) have been asking Israel not to attack Iran for some time now. However, the Israeli government has recently made statements along the lines that these other governments have no right to make such requests. It may be this and/or other intelligence that has lead several western countries to send additional naval forces to the region, presumably in anticipation of Iranian counter attacks and specifically, to counter the Iranian threat to close the Strait of Hormuz.
Israel has previously acted to destroy nuclear facilities in other middle eastern countries - Iraw in the late 80s and Syria a few years ago.
- kunosouraIran on verge of nuclear weapons is false02:05, 18/09/2012On Feb, 25 NYTimes article *U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb.* All 16 US Intell. Agencies flatly stated Iran has no nuclear bomb, no program to make one, and dropped the effort years ago. Article reprinted verbatim in newkerala worldnews.i.e., newkerala.com/news/2011/worldnews-164048.html Any claim to the contrary is absurdly false.
- kunosouraFrench-built Dimona zion nuclear weapon plant02:54, 18/09/2012France built the zionist the Dimona putonium breeder reactor, after Marcoule, provided the first Yellow cake fuel, Norway sold them 20 tons of heavy water; US jews funded it (hakdasha); Mossad secretly smuggled in 200 tons of yellowcake (U3O8)fuel Antwerp to Haifa (Nov.1968. All in flagrant violation of the NonProliferation Treaty (NPT), and a secret from no one. The Pu breeder reactor went critical. remote controlled isotope (Pu-239) separation is 80 feet underground, hidden by a fake brick wall from inspections. Now have over 150 nuclear weapons and declared willingness to use them. They even sold nuclear bombs to apartheid south africa--we in US Intell. saw the show-me-before-buy bomb test off tip of Africa.NPT was simple, the 5 *have* nations would not give the weapon technology to the 180 *have nots* who agreed not to manufacture N weapons or produce highly enriched uranium, i.e., 90% U-235. It is virtually imposible to make a bomb of uranium anyway, of mamy thousands, only 2 were uranium.