- Japan approves $600-million compensation plan for Fukushima evacuees
- Fukushima milk back in Japanese stores
- Japan needs to build sarcophagus over Fukushima reactor - experts
- Fukushima nuke accident on par with Chernobyl and could get worse
- Japanese govt. raises Fukushima accident level to worst
- Japanese economy minister to visit crippled Fukushima nuclear plant
- Damage levels at the Fukushima I nuclear power plant
- Radiation checks in Fukushima
- Situation near the troubled Fukushima I nuclear power plant
- The Fukushima I nuclear power plant
- Reconstruction: Fukushima-1 Nuclear Power Plant accident, Japan
- Japanese premier tastes strawberries from Fukushima prefecture
- Japan matches severity level of Fukushima nuclear accident with Chernobyl disaster
- Plutonium detected seeping from Fukushima Dai-ichi power plant
Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), the operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima 1 Nuclear Power Plant, began dumping bags with zeolites which are able to absorb radioactive substances into the sea, Kyodo news agency reported on Friday.
Bags were also dumped into the drainage system of the second and third power blocks.
Zeolites are microporous, aluminosilicate minerals commonly used as commercial adsorbents.
A powerful earthquake and tsunami hit northeastern Japan on March 11 leaving more than 27,000 people dead or missing and disabling the Fukushima reactors' cooling systems. Radioactive elements were later found in the water, air and food products in some parts of Japan.
MOSCOW, April 15 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.