- Russian Tu-160 Strategic Bombers Land in Nicaragua
- Russian Tu-160 Strategic Bombers Land in Venezuela
BUENOS AIRES, November 6 (RIA Novosti) – Colombian officials will issue a note of protest to Moscow after two Russian Tupolev Tu-160 strategic bombers entered the country’s airspace without permission last week, the Latin American nation's president has said.
The aircraft entered Colombian airspace from Venezuela last Friday while heading for Nicaragua, President Juan Manuel Santos said Tuesday, according to a report on Colombia's NTN24 television station.
Russia failed to ask for authorization for the bombers to fly over Venezuela to Nicaragua and back over Colombian airspace last week, he said.
On their way back, the aircraft were intercepted by two Colombian Kfir fighter jets while flying in Colombia's airspace.
Colombia will make “a respective notification” to the Russian government following the incident, Santos said.
Russian officials said previously that the two bombers had flown over the international waters of the Caribbean Sea and arrived in Nicaragua last week after taking off from an airbase in Venezuela.
The Russian Defense Ministry said that the mission was carried out “in line with the combat training program” and was in line with all international norms.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- alexk2Yeah fuck you too, Columbia18:49, 06/11/2013Isn't your only job supplying cocaine to the US, anyway?
- gunshipdemocracyhold your horses brave Cossack ;-)02:09, 07/11/2013President of Colombia is not the Colombian Nation. He is just a ekhm "independent democratic representative" really elected! by CIA. Similar to Suckasvhili or East European stooges.
- rationalamericanMissing the point06:57, 07/11/2013Russia violated the airspace of a sovereign nation you morons. And with a strategic bomber capable of deploying nuclear weapons no less.
How would you feel if that happened to your nation?
- alfadirRussian abusive people06:33, 07/11/2013russia you must give excuses to Colombia because you are violated the Colombian airspace... we are strong and we arent fear. with the god's help we will reach the victory and we never are slaves to russia and venezuela and nicaragua....
Any anti-ISIL operation in Iraq cannot be effective unless the Islamic State is attacked in Syria. But the final statement of the Paris Conference did not mention Syria as a precaution against disunity in the coalition and with due regard for the Russian position. Professor of the Chair of Modern East Department of History, Political Science and Law in RSUH