- New Tank Navigation System to Hit Russian Arms Market
- New Russian Tank to Have Remotely Controlled Gun
- Russia to Showcase T-90S Tank at Arms Show in Peru
- Russia to Show New Tank in India
- Russia Announces 'Massive' Tank Scrappage Scheme
- Russia to Showcase New Tank Modification
MOSCOW, September 8 (RIA Novosti) - Over 100 modernized tanks have entered service with the Russian armed forces in 2013, the Defense Ministry reported Sunday, when Russia celebrates Tank Crewmen’s Day.
“The tank forces have received more than 100 modernized tanks this year as part of efforts to implement rearmament plans,” the ministry said in a statement.
“By 2020, the share of modern armored vehicles in the forces should reach 70 percent,” it said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Hungry Hippos, Tiny Tamarins and Other Animal News
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.