Topic: MAKS-2013 airshow
- Russia to Showcase T-50, Su-35S Aerobatics at MAKS-2013
- S-300 Air Defense Systems Deployed at Snap Alert Drills
- Russia Signs New S-300 Missile Deal With Almaz-Antei
- Vityaz to replace S-300 air defense systems in 2014 - designer
- Russia to introduce new short-range air defense system by 2013
- Russia to Unveil New Piloted Spacecraft at MAKS Airshow
MOSCOW, August 24 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s Almaz-Antei corporation will showcase for the first time its newest S-350E Vityaz mid-range air defense system at the upcoming MAKS-2013 air show near Moscow, the company said.
The Vityaz, which is expected to replace the outdated S-300 systems, is superior to similar foreign models, according to Almaz-Antei statement released on Friday.
The new Russian system was reportedly shown to President Vladimir Putin during his June 19 visit to a St. Petersburg plant where it is being manufactured by the Almaz-Antei corporation.
The system has been in the works since 2007 and features advanced all-aspect phased array radar, a new mobile command post and a launcher carrying 12 vertical-launch missiles, which will use a variant of the 9M96 active radar homing missile, according to the company.
Almaz-Antey plans to hand over the system to the Russian Defense Ministry for testing before the end of 2013 and start deliveries to the Russian military next year.
The Vityaz will complement the Morfey, the S-400 and the S-500 air defense systems in the future aerospace defense network to engage targets at ranges from five to 400 kilometers, and at altitudes from five meters to near space.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ruypenalvaIt's interesting06:33, 24/08/2013It is interesting as all the time Russia weapon maker shows a new weapon it state that it is better than a similar foreign one! Who can prove that? Russia needs to test its weapons at a battle field sending them to Iran, to Syria to show it can survive a high electronic jam or it can target its target.
- sohelsaheen@ruypenalva...It's Interesting13:47, 24/08/2013@Yes it is the way to say the Russain weapons are working.So they to need them to Iran or Syria etc.
- BlizzardNot that easy14:43, 24/08/2013All of modern weapons shown either by US and their allays or by Russia and China on other side of equation have only one intent - to deter potential enemy.
If you are analyzing all weapon systems advertised by US you would think that enemy will last no more than 30 minutes and all will be over.
However, reality is absolutely different. War is still very dirty, gritty nitty and very much bloody business that wont finis off so easy.
Western allays have more than great deal of share in such experience for example Irak and Afghanistan where no matter of what degree of sophistication they use, they simply cannot destroy ragtag army made of peasants and illiterate people.
So that means that with Russia is not much different and that is the reason they do not want to enter in direct confrontation with other side as any failure would lead to massive loss of self confidence and respect.
So far they only compare technical data obtained during their own tests.
It is unfortunate fact that we would like to see Russia steps on the world stage as US equivalent and counterbalance to their aggressive imperialism, but Russia is building its fame and confidence on hot air only as they do not dare to export even obsolete weapon systems such as S-300 to the countries in need but rather plays dishonest and cheating game of avoiding to deliver given and stipulated promise to other side only not to expose that they were way below given data.
For as long as the Putin will play that stupid game and at meantime with his cronies and chosen oligarch rob the country from precious funds, the country will remind paper tiger only.
- zoomanageryenkies and jews22:49, 24/08/2013know very well how good this AA weapons are, that is why they opose so much to arms deal between Russia and Iran/Syria
Image Galleries: Russia in World War I
Infographics: World War I, 1914-1918
The self-defense forces in Donbass likely do not have the capability to win. Kiev will simply outlast the republic’s fighters. Ukraine still has many mobilization resources. The most important thing for self-defense fighters is not to win the war but rather not to lose it.