MOSCOW, May 28 (RIA Novosti) – Four regiments of S-300 air defense systems have been deployed at the Ashuluk firing range in southern Russia as part of another snap combat readiness check of the Russian armed forces, the Defense Ministry said.
The regiments were airlifted on Thursday by military transport planes to designated drop zones where they will carry out a variety of missions simulating the defense of the Russian airspace from massive attacks by “enemy” missiles and aircraft.
“The missions will be carried out in conditions of heavy electronic warfare to test the capabilities of the air defense units to the highest limit,” the ministry said.
A total of 8,700 personnel, 185 warplanes and 240 armored vehicles are involved in the three-day exercise, overseen by Col. Gen. Vladimir Zarudnitsky, head of Russian General Staff’s Main Operations Directorate.
The surprise alert exercise, ordered by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, is part of a series of random checks of the Russian armed forces that began in February.
The previous two checks revealed a number of systemic shortcomings, in particular in the Central and Southern Military Districts, the Airborne Assault Forces (VDV) and military transport aviation units.
Alert duty officers in some military units demonstrated a slow response to processing orders via automated combat command and control systems, especially in the airborne forces and at the 201st military base in Tajikistan.
Other problems included poor accuracy in firing, especially by tanks and infantry fighting vehicle crews.
The Defense Ministry said in February that random inspections will now be conducted on a regular basis to insure constant combat readiness of the armed forces.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- anybodyReal Test11:20, 28/05/2013Supremacy and deterrence of Russian arms was proven during the second world war in its armoured (T32) divisions in its aviation innovations (MIGs) in Korean war, in its air defence in Vietnam. Those have been broken during US asymmetric war of feudal opium farmers in Afghanistan and later by different colour/Soros revolutions. Russia is cooperative in self defeating arm policy by withdrawing its already signed deals it had with Iran and Syria and retreating from different arenas through face saving win-lose talks with US. Air defence implemented by Russian industries have been breached frequently and silently by Israel without Russian engineers can find a surprise solution for it. US continues its asymmetric war, combination of street provocation and terrorism, until Russia shrunk into its 15th century principality of Moscow.
- moistWow, that´s a whole load of Zionist...11:40, 28/05/2013...conspiracies or rather wheat dreams. Russia are of course up to date, as a bloody noose dealt to NATO, israel and their local dictator in Georgia shows . Most certainly in missile technology. Iran MIGHT already have s-300 like mighty Vladimir hinted that Syria has. Russia plays a meticulously careful and well thought game, whereas the west and their Zionist enablers strikes blindly...
- alexk2(no title)18:30, 31/05/2013wtf is a T-32?
- BrainRobinsonIt's been mentioned...18:48, 30/05/2013Somebody mentioned that what may be necessary is to give NATO a "bloody nose" if tested. It will quiet war hawks in Washington and misguided Yanks that this is not as clear cut as WWII even when using asymmetrical warfare. All it will take is one downed Israeli F-16 as an example.
- tec123Will Russia EVER,EVER,EVER, LEARN THEIR LESSON?07:06, 31/05/2013Russia Seeks Amicable Settlement in Iran S-300 Lawsuit
Chemezov criticized on Thursday the United States for the lack of support in the case.
He said Washington applied heavy pressure on Moscow to stop the deal but later changed its rhetoric saying the UN resolution did not mention specifically the S-300, known in the West as SA-10 Grumble, and Russia acted on its own.
“The Americans now agree that it is a defensive system and Russia alone should be responsible for the breach of the contract,” Chemezov said.
Mention by the press.
Dear All this server Russia damn good they look for it now begging for support from the US. How many time Russia has been stabbed in the back by the US and Western countries?
Now let Russia do the same again and the US will double cross Russia yet again this has been the case time after time but it would seems that Russia is looking for a divine miracle and elusive dream that the West will love them, and every time Russia shamefully caves into US pressure they are been made to flee the pain of their absentminded decision when it comes to Russia’s interest and it citizens aboard.
Now lets see if the same would be the Syrian case? Russia procrastinates to much when it comes to protecting their interest aboard way too much!
Image Galleries: Removing Protesters’ Barricades in Kiev
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Edward Snowden is not an isolated case but part of an independent community which is increasingly resolute in asserting itself and rejecting “raison d’Etat” and behind-the-scenes manipulation. The direct results of Snowden’s disclosures are most clearly evident in the context of Russian-American relations. The Snowden case has humiliated Europe, which Putin took the opportunity to remind them of.