- Russia Tests ‘Future Soldier’ Uniform
- Hemp Uniforms 'Unsuitable' for Russian Army
- Russian Army Test Future Soldier Tech
MOSCOW, January 6 (RIA Novosti) – Russia will conduct in April state tests of military equipment sets Ratnik, nicknamed “future soldier uniforms,” Defense Ministry ground forces spokesman Lt. Col. Nikolai Donyushkin said on Sunday.
Russia’s military equipment sets Ratnik performed well in preliminary tests carried out in September in the Moscow region, paving the way for their implementation.
“A whole number of new equipment sets leaves behind the world equivalents,” Donyushkin said
Ratnik (“Warrior”) comprises more than 40 components, including firearms, body armor, optic, communication and navigation devices, life support and power supply systems and even knee and elbow pads. The equipment can be used by regular infantry, rocket launcher operators, machine gunners, drivers and scouts.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- free_mind50(no title)19:46, 06/01/2013The whole warrior thing is what the us army program uses, the change the whole ethos to warrior ethos, strange that russia would be doing the same thing.
The velcro thing two- stop using the same advisors-the velcro doest work.
- arsanlupinYou obviously don't understand the article.04:52, 08/01/2013The word Ratnik (warrior) is simply the name for the program leading the uniform/equipment redesign.
No, the Russian army isn't interested in becoming warriors - they're too busy practicing Dedovshchina to the exclusion of all else - brutalizing and enslaving their new conscripts for fun and personal profit. If 10,000 or so die each year in the process, then they weren't good enough to be "REAL" Russian soldiers!
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.