- Russian Warships Gather in Mediterranean for Drills
- Russian Stealth Corvettes to Hold Live Fire Drills in Caspian
- Russian Navy Med Sea Group to Split After Drills
- Russian Warships Hold Drills in Mediterranean
- Russia’s Baltic Fleet to Hold Large-Scale Drills in Kaliningrad Exclave
MOSCOW, January 2 (RIA Novosti) – Russia will hold large-scale naval drills in the Mediterranean and Black Seas in late January with the involvement of warships from the Northern, Baltic, Black Sea and Pacific Fleets, the Russian Defense Ministry’s press office reported on Wednesday.
“The Russian Navy’s drills of this scope will be held for the first time over the past few decades and are designed to improve control, ensure and practice multiservice force interaction of the fleets in the far-off maritime zones,” the press office said.
The drills will be held in line with the Russian Armed Forces’ 2013 combat training plan and will aim to “practice the issues of establishing a multiservice grouping of forces (troops) outside Russia, planning its use and conducting joint actions as part of a united naval grouping based on a common plan,” the press office said.
The naval task forces from the Russian Fleets are currently heading towards the designated areas of the naval exercises.
The drills will also simulate operations to load marine troops and paratroopers from the rough coast of the North Caucasus onto amphibious ships and will help the Navy’s personnel acquire necessary marine practice skills during the performance of “combat training missions in the Black and Mediterranean Seas,” the press office said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- moistA mere "coincidence"...16:02, 02/01/2013...just as the western fascist regimes are led by their Zionazi masters into yet another war for them. The Russians can call the manoeuvres and that massive concentrated amount of fire-power (how many subs?), what they want. This is a hint NATO understands perfectly well.
They could use that kind of "talks" in other areas of conflicts as well...
- AWatcherconcerned02:13, 03/01/2013I am concerned about humanity. So much hatred. So many mentally and spiritually ill people out there. I suspect we're doomed as the future is probably going to be a very violent one.
- Mikhail1228Syria20:39, 03/01/2013You can't start a war against Syria's Assad with so much Russian fire power there for War Games. Nice move Col Vladimir!!
Image Galleries: Removing Protesters’ Barricades in Kiev
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Russia has become very adept in playing the diplomatic game, in which victory depends on choosing the right associate or partner. But there are a growing number of claimants to this role in the new horizontal and interdependent world. Aside Syria and Iran, being still important, the new venues for the application of practical diplomacy may well be Ukraine, the East China Sea and Afghanistan.