- Russian Aerobatic Teams First to Get Su-30SM, Su-35C
- Russian Air Force to Receive Six Su-35 Fighters by Yearend
- Russia’s 3rd Su-35S fighter starts test flights
- Russia begins test flights of Su-35S series fighter
MOSCOW, December 28 (RIA Novosti) – The Sukhoi aircraft maker delivered on Friday the first six Su-35S fighter jets to the Russian Air Force, the company said.
The acceptance documents were signed by Defense Ministry officials at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft manufacturing plant in Russia’s Far East.
“The Sukhoi holding has fulfilled its obligations on the delivery of this type of aircraft under the 2012 state defense order,” the company said in a statement.
“The fighter jets will fly to their designated home base in the near future,” the statement said.
The Su-35, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology."
The Russian Defense Ministry is planning to buy about 90 Su-35s, which will gradually become the core of Russia’s fighter jet fleet.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- rochefortfrancois...17:23, 28/12/2012...at last
- shanksinhaRamp up the production19:57, 30/12/2012Su-35S along with Su-30SM, Su-34 and late model upgraded Su-27 are vital to maintain combat edge of VVS. The forthcoming PAKFA will be the creamy layer on the top. Russia needs to ramp up production and get the required airframes in service quickly.
Image Galleries: Siberian Air Base Gets New Su-30SM Fighter Jets
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.