“There will be more than 150 participants from 50 states,” Makarov told journalists in Brussels on Wednesday© RIA Novosti. Alexandr Utkin
BRUSSELS, April 26 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Invites NATO Chief to Missile Defense Conference
- Rogozin Recalled as NATO Missile Defense Envoy
- Russia Repeats Iskander Deployment Threat
- U.S. Could Benefit From Russian Radars - Pentagon official
- Russia, U.S. Can’t Agree on Missile Defense yet - Lavrov
- U.S., Russia may Compromise on Missile Shield in 2 Years
Participants from 50 countries will attend a missile defense conference in Moscow on May 3-4, Chief of the Russian General Staff, Army Gen. Nikolai Makarov said.
“There will be more than 150 participants from 50 states,” Makarov told journalists in Brussels on Wednesday after the NATO-Russia Council meeting. “NATO’s 28 member states have confirmed their participation.”
The conference, to be held by the Russian Defense Ministry, will also be attended by representatives of China, South Korea, Japan, the CIS and Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) countries.
The proposed U.S.-led missile shield in Europe remains a major source of tension between Russia and the United States, and the Kremlin has threatened to deploy tactical weapons close to Europe if it is not made full partner in the scheme.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Christophe de Margerie: 40 Years With French Oil and Gas Giant
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize