MOSCOW, March 30 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Seals S-400 Missile Supply Deal
- Russia to Deploy Three S-400 Battalions in 2012
- S-400 Missiles Deployed in W. Russia
- Russia to Deploy S-400 Air Defense Systems Near Borders
S-400 Triumph air defense missile systems will be deployed in Russia’s Far East before the end of the year, Far East Air Force and Air Defense Force chief Col. Sergei Dronov said on Friday.
The Space Defense Forces are currently equipped with different modifications of the Soviet-era S-300 system.
“We are receiving new S-400 Triumphs this year as part of a modernization program,” Dronov told Ekho Moskvy radio.
He did not say how many systems will be deployed, but Air Force chief of staff Major General Viktor Bondarev said in mid-March that one S-400 battalion was currently being deployed at Nakhodka [Russia’s Far East], a second will be based near Moscow, and a third in the Air Force and Air Defense Force chief command.
The Russian Armed Forces currently have two S-400 regiments, both near Moscow, and a third regiment is to be deployed in the Baltic Fleet.
The S-400 Triumph long- to medium-range surface-to-air missile system can effectively engage any aerial target, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and cruise and ballistic missiles at up to 400 kilometers and an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.
The Russian Defense Ministry has said there are no plans so far to export the S-400. It will be produced only for the Russian Armed Forces.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- lmWhat an enigma in the Kremlin?09:56, 31/03/2012NATO eyes deploying AMD in Ukraine the Russian news said RT.
Well, well Moscow it is coming to your door step and you cannot stop it because your foreign policy and political will is stuck in an enigma.
- pushkinlovWishful thinking18:10, 31/03/2012In WWII, the fascist thought that they would defeat and take over the natural resources of the Soviet Union. They were wrong then and they are wrong now with the Russian Federation.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.