Topic: Iran's nuclear program
The situation surrounding Iran's controversial nuclear program is likely to come to a head by the summer, Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Nikolai Makarov said.© REUTERS/ Fars News/Hamed Jafarnejad
MOSCOW, February 14 (RIA Novosti)
- Iranians Ponder War as Nuclear Standoff Continues
- Russia for Peaceful Solution to Iran’s Nuke Issue - Lavrov
- Iran Vows ‘Important’ Nuclear Announcement Within Days
- Ahmadinejad Tells West to Respect Iran
The situation surrounding Iran's controversial nuclear program is likely to come to a head by the summer, Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Nikolai Makarov said.
Washington, which suspects Iran is trying to build a nuclear bomb, says that no options have been taken off the table.
“Iran, of cause, is a sore spot. Some kind of decision should be taken, probably nearer to summer,” Makarov said.
Russia's Defense Ministry is monitoring the situation in Iran and the entire Middle East from a recently created situation center, he said.
“We used to have a general on duty at each main command. Now we have created a situation center that receives all the necessary information in real time,” Makarov said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- p2o2rianWhat means...14:19, 14/02/2012...that Russia is unable to be a partner (opposing partner as well) to the West! It may only watch the development in the Middle East and/or gather "all the necessary information in real time".
- email@example.comAmerican propaganda prepares American people14:53, 14/02/2012This article was just released on Yahoo in North America, February 14, 2012.
This is simply United States propaganda to prepare the American people for a US attack on Iran.
Why would the United States want to attack Iran?
Their civilian nuclear program is the excuse, the real target are the Iranian oil fields.
The United States is running out of domestic oil supplies and the situation is desperate.
The United States consumes 18.7 million barrels of oil a day.
The United States produces 9 million barrels of oil a day.
The United States imports 9.7 million barrels of oil a day.
The United States depletes its domestic oil reserves in 2019.
This is only 7 years away.
The United States needs to secure Iraqi oil fields to prevent an economic collapse in the United States approaching 2019.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.