MOSCOW, January 17 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia to test over 70 new missile systems in 2012
- Russia’s Strategic Missile Forces to get 4G control systems
- Topol ballistic missiles may stay in service until 2019
- Russia to deploy 2nd Yars ballistic missile regiment by yearend
Russia’s Strategic Missile Forces are holding a series of exercises to practice putting road-mobile missile systems on high alert, SMF spokesman Col. Vadim Koval said.
The exercises involve Topol (SS-25 Sikle), Topol-M (SS-27 Sickle B) and Yars (RS-24) mobile systems stationed in central Russia and Siberia.
“SMF units armed with Topol, Topol-M and Yars road-mobile missile systems will practice patrolling, camouflaging and launch preparation procedures during high alert drills from January 16 to February 3,” Koval told reporters on Monday.
The SMF are planning to hold over 100 tactical drills in the first half of 2012.
As of January 2012, the SMF operated at least 162 mobile Topol systems, 18 mobile Topol-M and 15 mobile Yars systems.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ArmenianShow of force is the only language the West understands09:24, 17/01/2012These types of exercises are the only effective measures with which to stop the Anglo-American-Zionist alliance's arrogance derived aggressions against the Russian Federation and its geopolitical interests.
- mrgenieDon't worry21:03, 17/01/2012Those fascists don't care about the Russian war machinery. As long as Putin screws around with the Russian people and only serves his own interests (making private money on private bank accounts by selling everything Russia has to the west) they really don't care nor interested in any war with Russia. Putin knows this, and such show off drills are merely to keep the people in Russia blind from how they're getting scr**** by Putin and his vassals. And obviously, the Americans don't care any more nor less then Putin about the Russians, if they did want the best for Russia, they'd wiped out this parasite Putin years ago, but thus far Putin is a nice puppet playing the game along with the British and Americans very well. Crying like a little baby to show off and make Russians think he's there for them, but in reality doing nothing else then to sell this country to the Fascists in Washington and London.
Image Galleries: Hungry Hippos, Tiny Tamarins and Other Animal News
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.