Topic: MAKS-2011 air show
ZHUKOVSKY (Moscow Region), August 16 (RIA Novosti, Howard Gethin)
- New stealth fighter jet 'principal' for Russia, India
- Russian military to get world's ten largest cargo planes
- Russian military 'to get 20 new planes' a year
- MiG-35 stalls in Indian fighter tender contract
The Russian military will use new MiG-35D multirole fighters as an equal to the U.S. F-35 fighters, the Air Force chief said on Tuesday.
"We have not given up on the MiG-35D light aircraft project, but we will transfer to the T-50 [heavy fighter] in the future," Gen. Alexander Zelin, the Russian Air Force commander, said during his visit to the six-day air show MAKS-2011 that opened near Moscow on Tuesday.
The U.S. Air Force began using the F-22 fifth generation fighter in the 2000s. America is now developing a lighter and less expensive version, the F-35.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- severnayazemlyaU.S. won't manufacture F-35 fighter18:13, 16/08/2011U.S. won't manufacture the F-35 fighter because the country is totally bankrupt. The F-22 Raptor fighter, at $412 million USD each, has never been used in combat anywhere because of the extreme complexity of it. It requires 3000 people to maintain one.
- daviddNo operational Russian stealth aircraft has ever been reported to have entered service.02:43, 17/08/2011While the Russians have some good specific system technologies, their ability to effectively integrate them often lags behind that of the West, and the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning Joint Strike Fighter takes integration of off-board intelligence to a step well beyond proven Russian capabilities.
Also, no operational Soviet or Russian stealth aircraft has ever been reported to have entered service.
Stealth is a major discriminator between a 5G fighter like the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning Joint Strike Fighter and "Gen 4 ++" competitors like the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-35 Fulcrum and the Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker that are essentially modernizations of their respective progenitors, the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 and the Sukhoi Su-27.
David V. Dafinoiu, NorAm Intelligence
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.