- Russia, India 'likely' to sign 5G fighter contract in December
- Russia's arms exports: Farewell to arms, hello to profits
- India chooses Russian prototype for its fifth generation aircraft
- Russian Navy to get fifth generation carrier fighter after 2020
- Russian 5G fighter to outstrip best analogs
Flight trials of the second prototype of Sukhoi's fifth-generation T-50 fighter aircraft are due before the end of the year, Sukhoi holding CEO Mikhail Pogosyan said on Monday.
The first prototype of the aircraft made its maiden flight in late January and has conducted 40 in total, Pogosyan said.
"The flight trial program is moving ahead faster than we expected," Pogosyan said.
He said talks with India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on the joint development of the fifth-generation fighter aircraft are due to conclude before the end of the year.
Earlier reports said an agreement would be signed in December.
The new warplane is expected to enter service with the Russian Air Force in 2015.
KHANTY-MANSIISK, November 22 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Erdogan will continue to help consolidate Islam’s influence in public life and use Islam as a political issue. It is hard to say what Turkey will do in the Muslim world, but Erdogan obviously does not need any more turmoil in neighboring countries.