MOSCOW, September 27 (RIA Novosti)
A married couple died of suffocation after an unknown suspect set a passenger bus on fire in downtown Moscow on early Thursday, the investigation committee said in a statement.
“According to witnesses an unidentified man, who later fled the scene, was sitting in the back of the bus and set on fire two plastic canisters with gasoline,” the statement said.
The fire broke out in the bus, that was about to leave for the city of Vladimir, as passengers were boarding the vehicle at around 6:00 a.m. Moscow time (2:00 GMT).
The married couple did not get out of the bus in time and died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by the fire.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: The Pearl of Russia's Far East
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
Vladimir Putin Meets with Members of the Valdai International Discussion Club. Transcript of the Final Plenary Session
Vladimir Putin took part in the final plenary session of the Valdai International Discussion Club’s 11th meeting. The plenary session summed up the club’s work over the previous three days, which concentrated on analysing the factors eroding the current system of institutions and norms of international law.