Topic: Russia-India partnership
- Russia Delivers Three Upgraded MiG-29 Fighter Jets to India
- India to Build Export T-50 Stealth Fighter by 2020
- India to Buy 71 More Russian Helicopters
- India set to buy 59 more Russian helicopters in $1 bln deal
NEW DELHI, December 24 (RIA Novosti) - Russia is to sell India dozens of combat helicopters and warplanes under two $2.9 billion contracts signed on Monday.
Under one contract, India will buy 71 Mi-17B-5 Hip helicopters worth $1.3 billion, while the other provides for the delivery of assembly kits for 42 Su-30MKI Flanker fighters, worth $1.6 billion.
The two countries also signed a number of cooperation agreements in the defense and technology sector, notably between Russian Helicopters and Elcom Systems Pvt Ltd.
A memorandum of understanding between Russia’s FarmEco and India’s Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd and a strategic partnership agreement between Russia’s OAO NIS and India’s TATA Consultancy Services were also signed.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- shanksinhaLong Term Game12:23, 25/12/2012These deals were in the pipeline for a long time now. Their conclusion is a satisfactory development. The 42 Su-30MKI are most probably the Super Sukhoi variants with the added ability to carry Brahmos ALCM. Still bigger deals are in the offing with the PAKFA/FGFA deal amounting to a record breaking USD 30 bln!
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.