GORKI, July 24 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia not to Force Ukraine into Customs Union
- Medvedev Urges Eurasec Observer States to Join Customs Union
- Russia expects to create Eurasian Economic Union by 2015 – Medvedev
- None of national currencies can be Eurasian Economic Union's single currency - Nazarbayev
- Customs union, common economic space to underlie Eurasian union - Putin
Russia supports Kyrgyzstan’s aspirations to join the Customs Union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on Tuesday.
“Russia’s invariable position is that Kyrgyzstan should become a member of the Customs Union,” Medvedev said at a meeting with his Kyrgyz counterpart Omurbek Babanov.
Kyrgyzstan should use integration process roadmaps, coordinating its efforts with Belarus and Kazakhstan, and “study as quickly as possible a set of treaties for accession to the Customs Union,” Medvedev added.
“We have filed an application to join the Customs Union and a group of experts is currently at work. The path has been chosen and it is only a matter of time,” Babanov said.
In November 2011, the Russian, Belarusian and Kazakh presidents signed a declaration on Eurasian economic integration, aimed at eventually creating the Eurasian Economic Union, which will be based on the Customs Union and common economic space among the three countries.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.