Topic: Sukhoi SuperJet 100
- Sukhoi Superjet 100 to start Aeroflot flights in May
- Russia's Sukhoi Superjet 100 to make first passenger flight on April 12
- First Sukhoi Superjet 100 to be delivered to Armavia in February
- First commercial Sukhoi Superjet 100 makes maiden flight
- UTAir to replace Tu-134 with Sukhoi Superjet 100
- Atlant-Soyuz mulls deal for 30 Sukhoi Superjet 100 airplanes
Russia's flagship airline Aeroflot is preparing a proposal for the government to fine the country's leading aircraft producer Sukhoi for a delay in delivering Sukhoi Superjet 100 airliners, Aeroflot Chairman and Transport Minister Igor Levitin said on Friday.
"We have to decide how Aeroflot would receive the planes, since the deadline set in the contract has expired. Aeroflot also has questions regarding technical parameters," Levitin said, adding Aeroflot believed that planes did not match the contract technically.
"Management is now preparing proposals for the board of directors, and then for the government on the fines."
Sukhoi has said that it will supply Aeroflot with the first batch of the planes in March, while the previous deadline was the end of 2010.
Last December Aeroflot increased its order for Sukhoi Superjet-100 planes to 40 from 30.
IVANOVO, Russia, April 15 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
During Vladimir Putin’s annual Q&A session some members of the Valdai International Discussion Club asked him several questions. How united is the West in its desire to punish Russia? Which EU countries are in favour of isolating Russia? Is this even possible? And what is going on in Ukraine?