The Russian Foreign Ministry said Monday it was “shocked” by the Ukrainian defense minister’s recent remarks, in which he warned of an imminent war between Russia and Ukraine that would lead to thousands of deaths.
Austria has frozen the assets of a company owned by the son of the former Prime Minister of Ukraine, Mykola Azarov, and Ukrainian businessman Serhiy Kurchenko, German broadcaster Deutsche Welle reported.
Russian Communications Ministry has developed a number of measures to support domestically produced substitutes for imported software, the newspaper Vedomosti reported Tuesday, citing the department’s letter to the Ministry of Industry.
- Moscow ‘Shocked’ by Ukrainian Defense Minister’s Remarks of Looming Bloody War
- Rasmussen: 'Russia-France Mistral Ships Deal France’s Responsibility'
- Kiev May ‘Change Format’ of Its Special Operation in East Ukraine – Spokesman
- Sanctions Against Russia ‘Unproductive’ - France's National Assembly
- Donetsk, Luhansk People’s Republics Speak about Common Space of Security with Ukraine
- Rasmussen: 'NATO Favors Good Relations With Russia, Adapts to Current Situation'
Rossiya Segodnya spoke to Col. Yury Torshin, a retired officer of the FSB SOC Alpha unit. Col. Torshin took part in freeing hostages in School #1 in Beslan and then Nord Ost in Moscow. He was awarded five military orders and three combat medals. Rossiya Segodnya found out why Islamists chose to attack children and what price the Alpha unit officers paid to rescue hostages.
This summer, the Ukrainian crisis has raised more and more difficult questions. Who shot down the Malaysian flight over Ukraine? Why has the international investigation of its flight recorders in London failed to yield any information so far? Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov answered these and other questions in an interview with Rossiya Segodnya.
On the eve of the 65th anniversary of the first USSR atomic bomb explosion, Rossiya Segodnya met with one of the its creators, Dr. Arkady Brish, a renowned Russian nuclear weapons engineer. Brish told us about Stalin, nuclear myths and why you can’t steal a bomb.