The construction of international sea port terminal for cruise and cargo ships in Russia's Kaliningrad Region will cost 8.5 billion rubles ($214 million), according to the document published on the Russian government website Wednesday.
Russian Defense Ministry plans to purchase more than 11,000 of new armored vehicles, as well as 14,000 military vehicles for other purposes, providing the ground forces with 70 percent of modern equipment, Commander-in-Chief of the Land Forces, Col.Gen. Oleg Salyukov told journalists Wednesday.
- EU Failed Again to Break 'Vicious' Sanctions Circle: Russia's EU Envoy
- US Must Stay Engaged As Russia and China Stake Out Near Abroad: Deputy Defense Secretary
- Ukrainian Energy Ministry Not Satisfied With Berlin ‘Winter Plan’ on Gas
- S-400 Air Defense Regiment Takes up Duty in Russia's South
- River Island and Esprit Stores to Close Down in Russia
- Expert: Islamic State Threat Is An Excuse for Attacking Syria
The President of the state-run monopoly Russian Railways, Vladimir Yakunin, spoke to Rossiya Segodnya on Friday, touching on subjects including the ongoing crisis in Ukraine and its effect on the company, the new round of Western-imposed sanctions, exciting new projects which are being undertaken by the railway giant, and more. The head of the multi-billion dollar company noted that while recent sanctions may have affected his options when it comes to tourism, cooperation with Western partners continues.
The Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE) is introducing several new degree programs this academic year. In an interview with Rossiya Segodnya, the university’s Vice Principal, Leonid Bragin, talks student exchange programs, dual degrees and teaching in English.