Photojournalist Andrei Stenin, who went missing in eastern Ukraine in early August, died about a month ago when a car he was travelling in came under fire, Rossiya Segodnya Director General Dmitry Kiselev said Wednesday citing results of an examination by the Russian Investigative Committee.
Brazil’s representative at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Paulo Nogueira Batista said the success of the $17 billion loan program to Kiev depended on the cooperation between Russia and Ukraine, according to Agence France-Presse (AFP).
- Up to 1,000 NATO Servicemen to Take Part in Military Drills in Ukraine This Month
- New EU Sanctions Against Russia May Affect Ongoing Oil Extraction Projects: Reports
- US Intelligence Veterans Say Merkel Information on Russia’s Invasion to Ukraine Unreliable
- Russian Security Council: 'Aggression Against Crimea Constitutes Attack on Russia'
- Donetsk Militia Tries to Retake Local Airport Again
- Czech Republic Disagrees With New EU Sanctions Against Russia: Reports
Rossiya Segodnya spoke to Col. Yury Torshin, a retired officer of the FSB SOC Alpha unit. Col. Torshin took part in freeing hostages in School #1 in Beslan and then Nord Ost in Moscow. He was awarded five military orders and three combat medals. Rossiya Segodnya found out why Islamists chose to attack children and what price the Alpha unit officers paid to rescue hostages.
Boris Litvinov, the Chairman of the Donetsk People’s Republic Supreme Council told Rossiya Segodnya how the republic’s parliament is being formed, where financial and humanitarian aid arrives from, what the republic’s penitentiary system is like and why the residents cannot come to terms with the Kiev officials.
This summer, the Ukrainian crisis has raised more and more difficult questions. Who shot down the Malaysian flight over Ukraine? Why has the international investigation of its flight recorders in London failed to yield any information so far? Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov answered these and other questions in an interview with Rossiya Segodnya.